* 1877 - St. Mary's Parish is establishedat the corner of Main Avenue and Mandan Street in Bismarck. Fr. John Baptiste Marie Genin was the builder of the original St. Mary's Church
* 1878 - St. Mary's Academy is begun. The school is the building on the left in the picture below.
* 1896 - Fr. Clement Dimpfl arrived in Bismarck and served St. Mary's Parish from 1896-1911. He was the last Benedictine priest to serve as pastor. He pursued purchasing land at 8th Street and Broadway Ave.
* 1897 - The foundation for the new church was laid.
* 1898 - The church, built for a cost of $12,000, was dedicated on September 25 by Bishop Shanley.
* 1908 - St. Mary's School was constructed on 9th Street and Broadway for $25,000.
* 1910 - Diocese of Bismarck is established St. Mary's as the Pro-Cathedral. This title was held until the construction of the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit in 1945.
* 1911-1923 - Fr. M.J. Hiltner served St. Mary's Parish. (not pictured)
* 1918 - The rectory is built for priests' residences. Today it holds the offices of our parish staff.
* 1927 - St. Mary's Parish, under the tenure of Fr. John Slag, celebrated its Golden Jubilee.
* 1933-1981 - Msgr. Robert Feehan served the parish.
* 1971 - The remodeled church was blessed on July 11 during a Mass with Bishop Hilary B. Hacker.
* 1977 – The present-day school and parish center were constructed to include nine classrooms, a library, office and parish multi-purpose gym and parish hall.
* 1981-1988 – Fr. Theodore Gustin led the parish.
* Early 1990s – The church was refurbished to restore it to the original gothic architecture under the direction of Fr. Charles Heidt
* 1998 – The Centennial of the existing church at 8th Street and Broadway was celebrated.
* 2003 – St. Mary’s Parish completed renovation, under the direction of Fr. Charlie, of the priest’s residence, gathering space, multi-purpose space and music/art room, handicapped access to the rectory, and restrooms. Fr. Bruce Krebs joins the parish as pastor.
* 2007 - Present - Fr. Gene Lindemann, a native of Dickinson, begins his pastorate at St. Mary’s Parish.
* 2013 – Fr. Gene named Monsignor by Pope Benedict upon the recommendation of Bishop David Kagan.