The general purpose of the Parish Pastoral Council is to investigate, under the authority of the pastor, all those things which pertain to pastoral and temporal works of St. Mary's Parish Family, to consider them, and to propose practical conclusions about them.
The specific purposes of the Parish Pastoral Council shall be to:
- a. Promote the spiritual and temporal good of the parish;
- b. Accept responsibility with the pastor for the life and mission of the Church in the parish;
- c. Create unity within the parish;
- d. Open a better means of dialogue between the clergy and the laity of the parish;
- e. Examine, review and coordinate the efforts of existing organizations within the parish;
- f. Utilize the talent, knowledge, experience and vision of all parishioners;
- g. Participate in the total life and mission of the Church within the Diocese of Bismarck;
- h. Visibly witness the message and service of Our Lord Jesus Christ;
- i. Elect or appoint appropriate representatives as necessary.
The Pastoral Council meets each month and organizes its work with these Standing Committees:
Charity and Justice
Eldercare/Health and Wellness
Spiritual Life and Worship